It's Wednesday, I feel like crap and yet I feel compelled to blog about remarkably uncompelling things.
- Sore throat. Ecch. How can having a sore throat make the rest of you feel awful too? I just want to go to bed, but I don't think that's an option. [Checks.] Nope.
- Grey. Grey weather, grey mood; grey is the color of disappointment and I'm feeling remarkably disappointed today.
- All I ask is one day of non-rain. One day when I can actually go outside. Even just for a little while. I mean, this is Portland, and I knew what I was in for, but still... WTF, weather?
- Why am I listening to this incredibly freaking depressing music? ("Terrible Canyons of Static" by godspeed you! black emperor if for some reason you wanted to know. I'm at the part with the violin/xylophone/reverby guitar solo and I just feel like ripping my wrists open with my teeth. But my god it is beautiful.) But it looks like Teddybears is coming up next on the Party Shuffle (Everybody do the Party Shuffle! Take it to the left... move it to the right...) and that should take care of the whole depressing music thing.
- I came up with a new beginning for The Book; not a completely new beginning, just a better opening. If only, if only I would write it. Not quite as straightforward, a little bit more imagery-ridden... hell, it'll probably suck but I should write it down anyway just in case.
- Our book club's most recent book was Jane Eyre, which I was supposed to read in high school but managed to evade, and gosh darn if it wasn't actually a pretty freaking awesome read. Except I bought this edition (the Penguin "Red Classic"), with a creepy pink chick-lit cover and quotes from romance writers all over it, and it spoiled the vibe a teeny bit. Best part, though: the writeups of other "Red Classics" at the back which managed to make Wuthering Heights, Lolita and A Spy in the House of Love all sound kind of uniformly tripely chick-littish, which is awesome in its own marketing-department-on-steroids way.
- I need an MP3 of the Smiths' "How Soon Is Now?". Does anyone have one to share?
- What should I write my next photo column about? Actually, the next one will be on why you should be shooting RAW instead of JPEG. How about after that? Srsly, I would love to do one on Naughty Photos (for married people only, you evil-thinkers! Gosh!) but I think that idea will get ye olde editorial kibosh.
- I was so good at our book club meeting. I had one, and only one, glass of wine--a delicious Kathryn Kennedy Santa Cruz Mountains 2004 Syrah--and it was delicious. I thought I was friendly but not overbearingly chatty. But I am still thinking maybe the two new ladies in the club did not like me so much, and I'm not sure why. Alas.
- And now, for your viewing pleasure, a picture of the lovely Princess Ella von Smella Bella.
And how is your week?