Because she is such an English Geek.
Two names I go by:
1. Mama ("... look at this. Mama, what is this song about? Mama, how old do you think that house is?")
2. Deirdre Benham--my aspiring pseudonym. There's a whole story there, but it's only told in Schardt-cant, so I can't share.
Two things I am wearing right now:
1. a Celine Dion t-shirt
2. $5 black flip-flops with white hibiscus flowers printed on the insoles (Jim: "You know nobody can see those when you're wearing them, right?")
Two things I have (or want) in a relationship:
1. make me laugh!
2. tolerance of my million-and-one ridiculous foibles
Two of my favorite things to do (that maybe you don't know):
1. see how much money I can save at the grocery store by comparison shopping and timing to hit sales on pantry items (geek out! yecch!)
2. have long conversations with my cats, in which I speak both parts (oddly, all cats have the same heathenish voice; also, more often than not what they say is "I hate you so much. I will tear out your throat while you sleep. Can I have some chicken?")
Two things I want very badly at the moment:
1. someone to pack my damn house for me
2. a glass of wine--hey! Jim just brought one in here! Hooray. Now my life is almost completely complete.
Two pets I have:
2. brine shrimp(s)
Two things I did last night:
1. If I remember correctly, last night was utterly eventless. Can we talk about Saturday night instead, or even Friday?
2. No? Well, we watched the episode of "Homicide: Life on the Streets" in which Crosetti commits suicide. That was a nice light way to spend the evening.
Two things I ate today:
1. Greek chicken with penne
2. God, this is boring. Um, I guess Safeway-brand faux Corn Chex.
Two people I just talked to last (I'm assuming this means on the phone?):
Two things I'm doing tomorrow:
1. Celebrating Jim's birthday. *breathily* Happy birrrthday, Mister Newwwwmaaaaan... happy birrrrthday toooo yooooou!
2. Packing. For hours and hours and hours.
3. (Cheat! Cheat!) Accompanying Fisher's class on their godforsaken eight-thirty-in-the-morning fifty-degrees-forecast swim day field trip.
Two longest car rides:
1. California foothills -> California coast -> Portland -> Seattle -> Vancouver Island -> I-5 southbound -> Santa Cruz, over the course of about two and a half weeks. (That wuz our hunnymoon.)
2. Grand Junction -> California -> Grand Junction, at least twice a year for the last five years. Used to be a sixteen-hour ride each way. Now it's *ahem* shorter.
Two favorite holidays:
1. Duh, my birthday. Except for the getting older part.
2. Christmas. Everybody loves freakin' Christmas.
Two favorite beverages:
1. Um, fermented grape juice.
2. Very very very cold water. Like the tooth-hurty kind.