So there's a blogmeme going around, "100 Random Things About Me." Saw it at Laelaps and thought I'd adopt it for the Pic-Dem--I really like these lists, even if I've never met and will never meet the person doing them. But 100 things is a lot for me, considering I seem to need to pontificate on every item rather than just listing it and having done. So I'm going to break it up over a series of Tuesdays (10, to be precise) and just put 10 out there each week.
Here we go:
- I can't seem to do things by halves--it's either all-in or nothing. Or, more usually, a wild careering back and forth between the two extremes. Diet, exercise, work, hobbies, other ambitious programs of self-improvement, whatever. And then after dedicating myself to something briefly, then letting it fall by the wayside for a bit, I usually just throw up my hands and say "hell with it" and stalk off under a black cloud of self-disgust.
- I really enjoy lifting weights. It makes me feel good; I kind of enjoy the deep muscle aches afterwards; I tone up fast after not much lifting. But I can't seem to stick to it on a regular basis (see point #1).
- My middle toes are the longest.
- Cats like me; dogs don't.
- I always have a song stuck in my head; right now it's "Witch is Witch" by the Gloo Girls, and earlier today it was "Give Me Some Money" by the New Originals. I didn't say they were good songs.
- I make my bed as soon as I get out of it every morning. I hate to make my bed, but I hate unmade beds worse.
- I veer back and forth between thinking I look pretty good and being brought near tears by my own unredeemable ugliness.
- I don't like to talk on the phone. And I won't answer unless I know (or have a pretty good idea) who's calling.
- I don't believe in anything superstitious or mystical.
- Crowds make me nervous and uncomfortable; I can stand them less and less as I get older.
Tune in next week for another exciting edition of "Ten Random Facts About Which You Have No Reason to Care!" No tags, but please feel free to steal if you like.