So the book is done. Really. Well, almost completely and entirely done, anyway. Just a few little dribs and drabs of sidebars and suchlike to take care of...
...And tomorrow morning I have to be at the airport at 5:30 a.m. (WTF?!) to fly to Vegas for CHA (that's the 65th Winter Craft and Hobby Association Convention & Trade Show for the uninitiated). I'll be back Thursday... but my room at the Hard Rock has wi-fi, so I'll be posting updates as often as I have the time/energy/whatever.
And now I will try to reconstruct the post I had all completely freakin' typed out yesterday before I accidentally did a Google search from the bar in the same Mozilla tab, thereby sending my post off into never-never land... argh...
that have made me happy in the last few days:
- Lucky Brand Sugar jeans, the best-looking, best-fitting jeans I've ever owned. Got to buy a pair or two more of 'em 'cause I just love them so freakin' much.
- The lyrical madness of Mos Def, especially "Modern Marvel" from The New Danger.
- And, of course, "Close Edge" from the same record.
- Grape Nuts Trail Mix Crunch, possibly the most deliciousest cereal ever invented (even better than Kashi Good Friends, which is also yummy).
- Pandora.com, particularly my high-quality stations "Mice & Shadows" (DJ Shadow/ DangerDoom/ Chemical Brothers/ Lambchop with Hands Off Cuba/ Large Professor/ Pharcyde) and "Glass Tastes Good" (Bloc Party/ Shins/ My Morning Jacket/ Home Video/ Superchunk/ Postal Service). I'll e-mail them to if'n you want, just let me know; and please feel free to e-mail me yours/post them here.
- These freakin' adorable Hello Kitty rub-ons. Feel the slightly creepy Sanrio love! (Know how you know you're a child of the '80s? You remember exactly what Hello Kitty bubble gum smelled like. Mmmm, faux fruit flavor.)
- Starbucks Java Chip ice cream. So creamy, so delicious, so coffee-chocolatey, it hurts to talk about. I wonder if there is any left in the freezer.
- "The 40-Year-Old Virgin", which Jim brought home from the video store last night and which made me laugh so hard I almost threw up. Repeatedly. And I did that magic-of-DVD thing where you back up a particularly funny line and watch it over again. "You know what's a fun game? Take 3 Excedrin PM's and see if you can whack off before you fall asleep. You always win, that's the best part about the game." ..."How many drinks have you had?" "How many pots have you smoken? How many times have you gone to the bathroom in your life?"
Finally: in other news, Fisher brought home a note from school the other day saying that he had been disciplined for talking about "weiners" in the lunchroom. After hearing the whole story, all I can say is, if you're going to serve a bunch of first- and second-graders hot dogs for lunch, well....